Sunday, July 26, 2009

AKA Weekly Newsletter

Hey all,

Thanks to all of you (about 900 so far) who have signed up for my blog. That's only a fraction of the mailing list I've acquired over the years of having a website, so I may have to send another newsletter in a month to remind people that I won't be sending any more website newsletters.

I think some people might be intimidated by the word "blog." Maybe they think that I'll be invading their mailbox every day with my rambling thoughts. Trust me, there's no way I can write a blog every day. I attempted it on my last book tour and, between you and me, found it extremely difficult. So, just to clarify--this blog will be more of a once-a-week newsletter (often less because, really, my life isn't that exciting). I'll keep you updated on my latest book and tell you if I'm going to be speaking anywhere in your area. There will be the occasional corgi news (Mr. Boo is relaxing on his big footstool at the front window with his head on the ledge--if you were walking by you'd think he was a huge dog with very long legs).

So, just wanted to say "howdy" to all the new (old) followers and assure you I won't harass your e-mailbox too often. Tomorrow I'm supposed to have a conversation with my editor about "State Fair" so I'll be able to start a little of the rewrite before Allen and I leave for our New England "Quilt for a Cure" cruise. Allen's already getting a little nervous. This is the longest he'll have ever been away from Boo since our puppy (five years old now!) came home with us.

Hope you all have a nice, relaxing Sunday. I'm going to clean out the family desk, then go to the office supply store to buy things to organize everything. Except for Target, I don't think there's any more fun place than an office supply store!

Happy Trails, Earlene