Tuesday, April 5, 2011

And the Blog Goes On...

I just wanted to send a letter to tell all ya'll who aren't on Facebook to not worry, I'll continue to blog on my website. It's been an interesting few days on FB. It's more immediate than a blog, but I can see where it's easy to get in trouble because you say things so quickly and they don't always come out how you mean. So, just another way to communicate and I'm a firm believer in that. Shoot, I still send real letters using cursive writing! Talk about old school...

I'm busy trying to get a postcard mailing out (That's for people who signed up years ago on my mailing list which is slowly dissipating as I don't ask for snail mail addresses any longer). Many authors don't even do postcard mailings any more. It's expensive, but I like doing it. There's something calming about putting labels on thousands of postcards (and it gives me a good excuse to watch junk TV!)

I finally got my tax receipts divided. Only have to add them up now. Then Allen does out taxes with Turbo Tax. We're usually not this late, but I don't usually travel in March like I did this year. Which, by the way, the quilt cruise was marvelous. Met a bunch of great ladies, as quilters always are, ate too much (buffets! hurray!) and bought the cruise ship's book on how to make towel animals. Maybe I'll even try it sometime (I've tried origami and failed miserably...towel animals seem to be a kind of towel origami). Still, it's fun to look at them. The scorpion looks particularly cool.

Went to Fresno last Friday night and Saturday for a quick trip to the Mennonite Relief Quilt Auction and Sale. Wow! If you ever get a chance to go to one (they are all around the country) don't miss it. Lots of cool quilts to buy and bid on, giant rummage sale, incredible food booths (tried zwieback--a type of Mennonite roll--Yum!) and pie, pie, pie! Though my friend, Jo Ellen Heil, and I didn't stay for the Friday night concert, we heard it was Barry McGuire! Shades of the sixties! Will I use it in a book? Who knows...

Rain coming to South California at the end of this week. I'm not sad as I haven't gotten my fill. I swear I could live in Oregon and be so totally happy! Spring is coming, though it looks to be a stormy one for lots of the country. Though I'm sorry I'm not getting to see my fans across the country since I'm not going on a long book tour, I have to admit, between the planes' skin flying off and the crazy storms...I'm not sorry I don't have to fly!

Happy Trails, Earlene