Friday, May 27, 2011

On the Road Again (and again and again...)

Well, I've not been on the road as much with this book. As I said in earlier posts, my publisher didn't pay for a book tour this year so I've been only doing booksignings in California and Arizona. I will be doing a few signings in Colorado in June. I'm visiting my dear friends, Sally and Brett, at their ranch in Idalia, Colorado. That's why I'll be speaking and signing at the Quilts of the Plains Quilt Show in Wray, Colorado and speaking at the Burlington Colorado library. Check out the dates and times on my website under appearances. Years ago, Sally and her daughter, Robbie, drove hundreds of miles to come to one of my Denver signings. I think Robbie was seven or so. Robbie is now in college! Watching the children of my fans grow up has been such a wonderful, fun thing for me. Drop by if you happen to be near Eastern Colorado in June.

Signings have been a lot of fun, as they always are with you all. On my Facebook page we've been posting the photographs fans are taking. It's under Spider Web Booksignings 2011. I have to admit this about Facebook...it's a lot easier to get things up than on a website. If you join Facebook, you can keep all your information private, but still have access to looking at other people's pages (my fan page is open to anyone...my personal page you just have to "friend" me--but most of what I'm doing is on the fan page). So, don't be afraid to try. I was reluctant, but now am okay with it.

But I'll not desert you here on my website! I know that everyone doesn't have the time or inclination to go on Facebook. Shoot, I still send out snail mail postcards (though only to the places where I'm physically going to sign--too expensive now to send to everyone on my list).

Not much going on here in SoCal. Spring is here (and pollen, pollen everywhere). Everyone in the Fowler household, including Boo, is taking antihistamines. I've been watching with dismay and shock at what tornadoes have been doing to Alabama, Missouri and the rest of the South and Midwest. Here's hoping and praying the worst is over.

I'm working on The Cattle Singer. It's been great reconnecting with these characters, and I'll admit, since it's not a mystery novel, I'm so glad I don't have to kill anyone! Other than that, life goes on. Daddy's relatively stable. I visit him once a week and though he doesn't always know me, he says he's happy. We love the place where he is living.

Hope you all are doing fine. Have a great Memorial Day weekend and take a few moments out of your weekend to remember our veterans--past and present--and if you get a chance, thank them for their service. God bless America!

Happy Trails, Earlene

p.s. Will get the photos for new contest up this weekend, I promise! I have to take them, then send them to Tina. I just need to get organized...:)