Monday, August 10, 2009

Off to Antarctica...

Why do I always pack as if I am going to someplace where there are no drugstores? Honestly, the ship will have band-aids (though maybe not SpongeBob ones like I have). I dread the night before a trip. I always wonder why I just don't book a red-eye. I want to get on the road NOW! (Oh, I remember why I don't. You arrive at something like six a.m. in the morning, too early to check into your hotel so you are bleary-eyed and wandering the streets of a strange city). I will heave a big sigh of relief when we finally are in our stateroom and don't have to unpack for 9 days.

One thing I'm really excited about is seeing my friends, Tina and Tom Davis (aka beloved webmasters) in Portland! We'll get to spend the whole day together and since Tina and I don't get to see each other often, we're both jazzed. So, who knows, I may get the opening scene to my next book! (She's given me three already...) I'll let you know...

Happy Trails (and Ocean Waves), Earlene