Thursday, April 9, 2009

New Contract--More Books

Hey, my loyal blog readers! You are being rewarded for reading my blog because you are hearing it here first. As of ten minutes ago, my publisher and I came to an agreement for me to write two more books–another Benni Harper mystery and the sequel to The Saddlemaker’s Wife. I’m very excited about both books. The title for the Benni Harper book will be Spider Web. It is scheduled to come out in May 2011 (don’t forget, the Benni book I’m working on now–State Fair–will come out in May 2010). That means you’ll get two Benni books in a row. The sequel to The Saddlemaker’s Wife (no title yet, but no, it won’t be The Saddlemaker’s Sister, Cousin, Husband or Mother) will likely come out in 2013 because I’m taking 18 months to write it. Wow, 2013 sounds like something out of a science fiction novel, doesn’t it? Anyway, wanted you all to be the first to know. Tina will send out a newsletter (as soon as I get it written–probably today), but you heard it here first!

Happy Trails, Earlene

p.s. Many readers have written to lament with me the passing of Mother’s cookies. But, one reader wrote and told me that Kellogg’s has bought the rights to the recipes for Mother’s cookies and may produce some of the favorites. I hope it’s the iced animal cookies! (Another reader wrote to tell me she and her friend only like the white ones…we should get together since I only like the pink ones…)