Monday, August 3, 2009

Panic in Vacation Park

So, about two weeks ago I was thinking about my upcoming vacation (sort of half work-half vacation as I'm a speaker on a quilter's cruise through New England and Nova Scotia)when it suddenly occurred to me--I need to lose twenty pounds! Dang. Don't you hate that? Honestly, I've known about this cruise for two years and actually have been thinking about losing the twenty pounds for that whole two years. If intentions and contemplation gets a person points (Weight Watchers!) then I'd look like Gywenth Paltrow. At any rate, my solution was that I wasn't going to eat anything sweet for twenty days. Then I'd (hopefully) lose a few pounds and be ready for those buffets. It lasted exactly...a day and a half (and last night I bought ice cream). I blame the ice cream on my friend Jo-Ann Mapson, who called me and described in detail the Dove bars she'd just bought. Luckily, my clothes are all stretchy, so I'll just have to try to make myself use the gym on the ship (yeah, that's gonna happen).

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the cruise, though I'll miss my Boo-dog (The Big Dog--aka Allen--is going with me). I know it's going to be a blast because, after all, it's quilters! How can it not be fun? Other than fretting about my weight (which, I admit, I don't do for long) all is well. I talked to my editor about "State Fair" and there's a bit of rewriting to do (the ending needs work--not surprised there as I kind of rushed it). I'll even probably work on it while I'm on the ship. For those who asked, "State Fair" comes out in May 2010. They are working on the cover right now and as soon as I see it, I'll post it on the website. Hope you are all having a wonderful summer!

Happy Trails, Earlene

p.s. Even if I didn't lose that weight, I have achieved one healthy goal. I'm down to one or two sodas a week. I now drink ice tea (not a misspelling, that's how Southerners say it). I miss my sodas, but I'm sure my kidneys are happier.