Thursday, September 27, 2012

There's A New Contest in Town...

Just a quick shout out to all my faithful readers...new contest!  Free stuff!  Yay!  All you have to do is go to my website homepage and click on the bar that says "contest."  There will be four winners.  I'm giving away two signed hardcover editions of The Saddlemaker's Wife and two special "Lone Pine Cafe, Cardinal, California" tote bags.  Take a chance!  Trust me, you have better odds than if you buy a lottery ticket.

I'm working on the "loose galleys" of The Road to Cardinal Valley.  It's the last time I can make changes before the book comes out.  Next to seeing the cover for the first time, this is my favorite part of the publishing cycle.  It's the first time I see my book typeset...it actually looks like a book now and not a manuscript.  As I told you earlier, the publication date is December 31, 2012.  The first signing will be at Mystery Ink in Huntington Beach on December 29th.  The rest of my signings will obviously be in January. I'm still arranging signings and will post the information on my website in the next few weeks.

Other than that, I'm here in South California waiting, waiting, waiting for this long heat wave to end.  We had a few days of cooler weather, but another heat wave is expected tomorrow.  Anyone who wants to send some cool, autumn weather our way...we'll take it!  I'm looking forward to drinking hot cocoa and making chili.  Right now, all that sounds good is ice water.  All the Halloween decorations in the stores just looks wrong with all this hot weather!  I even saw a store that already had Christmas stuff out!  Do you think someday advertisers and stores will promote so early that they'll actually be right on time with holidays? (Think about it :))

Happy (and hopefully) cooler trails, Earlene