Thursday, March 31, 2011

Facebook - Phase II (And title of new book!)

Okay, this has gotten complicated which is what I was afraid was going to happen! Arggg! Bear with me, folks.

There is a Facebook page that has my name on it--no picture. I think that's one that Facebook put up on their own. It's just my Wikipedia information. I don't have any control over that and, though I think my publisher looks at it, they'd be more interested in my "real" fan page.

I set up a personal account which I need to do the chat, but there is no "like" button on there. I'm getting "friends" which is okay, except my publisher doesn't care about that so much because Facebook has a limit of 5000 "friends" and so it really doesn't show a true count of who might be interested in your "product." (The product would be me and my books :))

Some people have had trouble finding my fan page with the laughing picture, but some people have found it so there must be a way. Maybe scroll down and look at all the Earlene Fowler's (there are six, I think). I know it's on there because some people have found it.

So, the "like" count for my Wikipedia page has gone up so I know some of you found that. Hope you all can find the real fan page now. I won't monitor the fan page every day (have another administrator doing that), but I will be posting on it to keep you updated.

If you "friend" me, I'll accept, but like I said, I won't be currently posting on my personal Facebook page at least until I get further on this new book. Thanks so much for taking the time to help me on this new venture!

By the way, I forgot to tell you all the title of the sequel to The Saddlemaker's Wife.

The Cattle Singer. More on that later. Back to work now!

Happy Trails, Earlene